how to connect cctv through a 3G phone
(jakarta , indonesia)
i have a problem to connect my cctv system over internet with my 3G phone with windows mobile 6.0 made in taiwan HTC TITAN II. I am using a dvr card from Geovision GV800 with software v7.0. I have already set the internet requirement to be accessed over the internet connection. I also already set the access with Internet Explorer successfully. However I have a problem with my 3G phone that always fails to access the cctv system.
I have already install the software for windows CE to my 3g phone but when i try to connect it failed (the error 'server close'). I dont if it is because the software does not support 3gpp or I have to find another software that supports this application. Any advice?Answer:
Without being there to see all your settings it is hard for me to give you a specific answer. It most likely is one or both of the following items.
1. Port Forwarding is not properly set on your router to allow external access to the DVR Card.
2. You do not have the settings entered correctly on the phone software (or the phone software is not the correct version)
These are the typical areas where I see problems with access video.
Here is a document that may help you. It is a two page guide I found at ezcctv.com that I thought explained the process in an easy to understand way.Download the pdf by clicking here.
Frankly the setup process for this is way too difficult. It should be much easier to set up and use video security.
Here are 7 things I would like to see from Security Camera Manufacturers!!
- Easy Plug-n-Play installation
- No Software to install
- View Live Video from anywhere via web or phone
- All Cameras are easily managed in a single interface
- No additional hardware needed for recording
- No limit on number of cameras or locations
- No monthly service fees
You will never get that from analog technology. That is why I am now declaring that "analog video security is DEAD."
I would love to hear your comments!
Security Camera Expert